Postby Serenissima » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 15:04

It does indeed look like that.
Serenissima
Administrator

by Advertising » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 15:04

Advertising

Re: E3Map for Darkest Hour

Postby Arturius » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 15:06

Serenissima wrote:It does indeed look like that.

Just tell us what you exactly did.
Arturius
Administrator

Postby mumia » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 16:35

naixoterK wrote:^^ Sure, give me some time.

Pescadores islands in the Taiwan strait (Yigianshan and pescadores are the same)
[img]map1[/img]

Paracell and Spratly islands:
[img]map2[/img]

Tsushima (the island you can see between the words "Korea" and "Strait" and Ullung Do (top right) belonging to South Korea but claimed nowadays by Japan:
[img]map3[/img]

Also i think that, not like a province, but drawed in the map, could appear Costa Rican isla del coco:
[url]map4[/url]

And BTW, i'm sure someone said it, but i think a bit more provinces on mainland US wont hurt, wouldn't it?

So we have in total 5 provinces:
1. Yijiangshan Islands (Pescadores Islands) - all my maps were showing the second name so I couldn't find Yijiangshan Islands name on map.
2. Paracel Islands.
3. Spratly Islands.
4. Tsushima Island.
5. Ulleungdo Island.
- Isla del Coco - as part of Costa Rican province.
I'll add them all to my to-do list and I'll add them when I'll back to redrawing Asia.

USA definitely need more provinces, I just work on regions, step by step as I have only 768 MB RAM and I can't work on too big files in Photoshop. If you have suggestions for USA, such as possible revolters borders, you can post them here.
mumia

Postby naixoterK » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 19:47

mumia wrote:
naixoterK wrote:^^ Sure, give me some time.

Pescadores islands in the Taiwan strait (Yigianshan and pescadores are the same)
[img]map1[/img]

Paracell and Spratly islands:
[img]map2[/img]

Tsushima (the island you can see between the words "Korea" and "Strait" and Ullung Do (top right) belonging to South Korea but claimed nowadays by Japan:
[img]map3[/img]

Also i think that, not like a province, but drawed in the map, could appear Costa Rican isla del coco:
[url]map4[/url]

And BTW, i'm sure someone said it, but i think a bit more provinces on mainland US wont hurt, wouldn't it?

So we have in total 5 provinces:
1. Yijiangshan Islands (Pescadores Islands) - all my maps were showing the second name so I couldn't find Yijiangshan Islands name on map.
2. Paracel Islands.
3. Spratly Islands.
4. Tsushima Island.
5. Ulleungdo Island.
- Isla del Coco - as part of Costa Rican province.
I'll add them all to my to-do list and I'll add them when I'll back to redrawing Asia.

USA definitely need more provinces, I just work on regions, step by step as I have only 768 MB RAM and I can't work on too big files in Photoshop. If you have suggestions for USA, such as possible revolters borders, you can post them here.

I think i'll make a fund collection just to buy you more RAM... :D

Uhmmm i don't know if it would deserve a province or not, but i think it would be interesting if San Andrés Island would appear, either drawed or as a province of his own, it belongs to Colombia but it's just in front of Nicaraguan shore, check it:

I'll see if i can find something about revolters in the USA...
naixoterK

Postby Serenissima » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 19:51

Different state secessionist movements and Confederacy, presumably.
Serenissima
Administrator

Postby mumia » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 20:05

naixoterK wrote:I think i'll make a fund collection just to buy you more RAM... :D

Uhmmm i don't know if it would deserve a province or not, but i think it would be interesting if San Andrés Island would appear, either drawed or as a province of his own, it belongs to Colombia but it's just in front of Nicaraguan shore, check it:

San Andrés is enough far away from Colombian coast, enough big and populated to be separate province. Also it could be merged with other Colombian islands on the coast of Central America called Archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archipelago_of_San_Andrés,_Providencia_and_Santa_Catalina
mumia

Postby naixoterK » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 20:52

mumia wrote:
naixoterK wrote:I think i'll make a fund collection just to buy you more RAM... :D

San Andrés is enough far away from Colombian coast, enough big and populated to be separate province. Also it could be merged with other Colombian islands on the coast of Central America called Archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archipelago_of_San_Andrés,_Providencia_and_Santa_Catalina
Serenissima wrote:Different state secessionist movements and Confederacy, presumably.

I really like your way of seeing things as it's the same that i have if only i knew how to modify the map :D

serenissima wrote:Different state secessionist movements and Confederacy, presumably.

Soooo... in a nutshell... Alaska, Utah, Texas, California and Vermont maybe?

EDIT: I also think that Colombian Malpelo Island, located at: "235 miles (378 km) from Colombia's Pacific coast, and approximately 225 miles (362 km) from Panama's coast" according to wikipedia, should be in, but as they are uninhabited, and their strategical value is null, i think it would be enough if they are just drawed on the map.
naixoterK

Postby Viden » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 22:00

naixoterK wrote:
serenissima wrote:Different state secessionist movements and Confederacy, presumably.

Soooo... in a nutshell... Alaska, Utah, Texas, California and Vermont maybe?

- CSA.
- Texas.
- California.
- Deseret.
- Cascadia.
- New England.
- Great Lakes.
- Louisiana perhaps?

EDIT: New Africa.
Viden

Postby mumia » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 22:42

Maybe Florida or Indian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Territory ?

Does any one know what was the territory, controlled or claimed, by Dervish State of Muhammad Abdullah Hassan?

One more technical question to Arturius: What do you plan for India, just one country called British Raj or British territory plus various Princely states?

naixoterK wrote:I really like your way of seeing things as it's the same that i have if only i knew how to modify the map :D

I just like adding provinces here or there ;) And I've also made some more minor map projects, for example edited map of Poland for Victoria 8-) or map of modern Poland - both projects for personal use, but as you can see almost everything can be drawn and work in Darkest Hour
mumia

Postby naixoterK » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 23:04

Wow! that's indeed, a very big map.

Occurred to me that, maybe some provinces in mainland US (and it's borders) could be based on the historical american civil war? It would be nice to have a province named Shiloh and make another battle there, other one named Gettysburg... and so on.

I also think that, as i said earlier, Colombian Malpelo Island should be drawed in the map linked to some Colombian west coast province.
naixoterK

PreviousNext

Return to E3 Map Project